[Watchdogs] We were number one bad now we're number one good!

Merle L. Moden mlmoden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:59:46 CST 2010

Clyde:

I agree.  It's pretty scary that the PEC is highly ranked among electric
coops, given recent history.

Clearly, we have come a long way from the darkest days, but we are still
near dawn in illuminating the activities of the PEC.  Only when the
light shines on the PEC like the sun shines at high noon on a clear
August day will we achieve that which will begin to ensure transparency
at the PEC.  I have attempted to get PEC financial and statistical
transparency in the member bill of rights to no avail.

The ongoing problem of member apathy has few solutions.  Even many of us
who have been engaged tire as the "reform" process plays out in slow motion.

I remember a poster in a state politician's office many years ago that
said of all the words used to describe successful endeavors, the word
tenacity was the most important.  I believe that assessment was
correct.  One of the best examples of tenacity that comes to mind is
General George Washington's travails in successfully prosecuting the
Revolutionary War.  I try to remember the images of Valley Forge in the
Winter of 1777-1778, when my frustration with the pace of reforms makes
me want to disengage.

Merle